Updated April 2017
This website is operated by Southampton Canoes (referred to as "Southampton Canoes/we/our/us"). As user of this website (referred to as "you/your") you acknowledge that any use of this website including any transactions you make ("use/using") is subject to our terms and conditions below.
Please: Read through these terms and conditions carefully before using this website print a copy for future reference.
1. Terms & Conditions of sale from www.southampton-canoes.co.uk
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect when posted on the website and dated in the header notes. It is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions. b. If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use this website
- All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The 'confirmation' stage sets out the final details of your order. You will be viewing this in a secure server screen. When you place your order you will be sent an automatic confirmation email.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it. Please see Returns and Refunds section.
- We do not file details of your order for you to subsequently access via this website Please print out these terms and conditions and the order confirmation for your own records. You will need the 'Order Number' on the 'Order Confirmation' for any correspondences with us regarding your order.
- This website is only for delivery of products to customers in mainland UK, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands & Isle of Wight. Deliveries to Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Orkney, Shetland and Scottish Islands & BFPO addresses we will contact you with delivery options & costs.
- Delivery charge is shown in the 'Shopping Basket' and relates to the goods in the 'Shopping Basket'.
- Estimated delivery time, we endeavour to supply goods ordered within 3-5 working days. We use an overnight service for the majority of smaller packages and a 3-day delivery service for kayaks & canoes. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated time scales, however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. Southampton Canoes shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated time scales.
- Orders placed on a friday will be dispatched & delivered in the following week. We do not provide a saturday delivery service.
- Southampton Canoes can not be held responsible for the performance of the couriers.
- Carriage charges on International (Non-UK) orders are shown as "Call Us" on the Ordering system. Please place your order fully and we will contact with the total cost (including carriage) before processing your Order.
- Upon delivery you will be required to sign for the goods recieved. By signing you are confirming that all the goods have been recieved in good condition & undamaged. It is therefore essential that you inspect & check the goods (unwrapping if necessary) before signing for them. Once the goods have been signed for all liability for loss or damage to the goods is passed to the customer.
- If you recieve a delivery with missing or damaged goods you must sign for the goods as recieved "Damaged" or "Incomplete". If the goods are damaged you are within your rights to refuse and ask the goods to be "Returned to Sender". You must inspect and confirm that the goods are in "Good Condition" before signing. .
- Goods ordered and sent to the delivery address will require a signature.
- We require payment at the time we receive your order in all cases where the product is ready for dispatch.
- The price you pay is the price displayed in the website-shopping basket at the time we receive your order, exception: While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- Payment can be made by Credit Card or Debit Card. All payment card details are entered on a Secure Server provided by a Certified E-Commerce provider. Card and personal information is then encrypted. No unencrypted information is kept on the Secure Server or Southampton Canoes computers.
- Title to any products you order on this website shall pass to you on delivery of the products provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
- All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges, unless expressly stated otherwise. VAT will be deducted at time of process for those areas that are VAT exempt.
5. Returns, Cancellations &Specification
- Non-warranty product returns (excluding our error) will be exchanged or refunded provided you notify of us of your intention cancel in writing within 14 days of recieving the goods. Goods must then be returned in the supplied condition, unused with all original packaging.
- Customers are responsible for all postage/carriage costs on non-warranty returns.
- A full refund for the goods cancelled will be arranged as soon as possible & always within 7 days.
- Any returns for refund or exchanges not notified to us in writing within 14 days of receipt of the goods will be at the discretion of the manager and will incur a 15% restocking charge (excludes warranty returns).
- Manufacturer specifications may change without us being notified. Product supplied will always achieve, or exceed the specification described on the web site.
- All sizes and measurements are as provided by the manufactures, we try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible.
- We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you. Data is not provided or shared with any other party, all information is held within Southampton Canoes for internal use only.
- All illustrations on this website indicate design and shape. Please note that many of the products are available in different colours. If a specific colour is required please email us with your transaction reference and colour choice.
- The laws of England shall govern the contract between us and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England. English is the only language offered for the conclusion of the contract.
- Southampton Canoes shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products or otherwise perform any obligation as specified in these terms and conditions if the same is wholly or partly caused whether directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- These terms and conditions including the documents or other sources referred to in these terms and conditions supersede all prior representations. Understandings and agreements between you and Southampton Canoes relating to the use of this website (including the order of products) and sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between you and Southampton Canoes for your use of this website
9. Distance Selling Regulations
- Distance Selling Regulations expected you to have made sufficient enquiry to make an informed purchase.
- You are encouraged to discuss your intended purchase should you require any additional information that leads you to making an informed purchase.
- Your right to cancel your order does not apply to items personalised or made to your specification.
- Should you decide to cancel you must notify of us of your intention cancel in wirting within 14 days of recieving the goods. Goods must then be returned in the supplied condition, unused with all original packaging.
- Customers are responsible for all postage/carriage costs on non-warranty returns.
- A full refund for the goods cancelled will be arranged as soon as possible and within 7 days.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us or from another trader in the future. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Credit/Debit Card Details
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
We use technology to identify ownership of individual 'shopping baskets' during the ordering process using a "session cookie" which would be temporarily stored on your computer. A session cookie is also called a transient cookie, a cookie that is erased when the user closes the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the user’s computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.
11. Contact Details
South Hampshire Industrial Park
Tel: 02380 861341
Canoe & Kayak Distribution Ltd
Registered No 09283528
VAT No 202 2454 62