The Canoe Shops (Group) Limited has a vacancy for a warehouse and logistics manager at our new distribution centre opening in Totton Hampshire October 2017. This is an unusual but rewarding position with several facets which make it more interesting.
The position is both physical and administrative encompassing a vertical slice of paddlesport import, assembly, distribution and retail. The successful candidate will need to be physically fit, practical with the ability to use some hand tools, reasonably computer literate, honest and reliable with a clean driving license. Teamwork is extremely important to ensure the smooth running of a logistics chain handling odd shaped products. The Group will then have three main stock holding business nodes one in Cheshire, one in Devon and this new centre opening in Totton.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Implement group logistics programmes safely and efficiently
- have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to the group
- plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods
- use space efficiently, making sure quality, safety and environmental objectives are met
- coordinate the use of automated and computerised stock control systems where necessary
- liaise with customers and colleagues by email and telephone
- keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- produce regular reports and statistics as directed
- maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
- oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- assemble and trim Canadian canoes using hand tools
- assist in some face to face sales functions at busy times
- to have more than a passing interest in paddlesport
The Canoe Shops (Group) Limited is a family run business independent of all manufacturers or suppliers who’s staff are as motivated as the owners to be successful.
The warehouse position at the main centre is currently occupied by our semi retired MD. He is a time served engine fitter with good hand skills and a practical and logical brain. To quote him “boffins and scatter brains need not apply for this important position”.
To apply for this position please send your covering letter with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job title: Full Time - Sales Assistant
This is a hands on face to face job for a pleasant and practical person interested in and participating in paddlesport. The main function of the job is to support the Southampton Canoes team in the import, distribution and retailing of paddlesport equipment. Face to face, telephone and email contact with retail and trade customers requires good communication skills and knowledge of paddlesport. Canoes and kayaks are a handful when loading, unloading, and receiving and despatching so the successful applicant will need to be physically fit.
Training in all aspects of the job will be provided and added to your own personal paddlesport skills. Some driving to make deliveries or collections is also part of the job so a full UK driving licence is required.
The position requires an understanding and participation in paddlesport.
You must be numerate, literate and proficient with computer software programs including Microsoft Office and Outlook
Common sense and self motivation are more important than paper qualifications.
A full UK driving licence is required
Southampton Canoes - Totton
To apply for this position please send your covering letter with CV to email@example.com